Thursday, February 10, 2005

Just blame me

Why IS it....at work I get along fine with people, some of whom are not even remotely connected to me philosophically or by shared affection or shared memories....but I laugh and talk and do what needs to be done and it's fine. It's not like there is never pressure, but there just does not seem to be the taking-it-personally, the pushing of buttons, the verbal jabbing where it hurts.

As there is at home sometimes. With no big reason. With some of the people I love so much.

It's almost as if I feel sometimes that I am more my real self when I am NOT at my home...or at least more the the self I want to be.

No wonder moms in the middle of their lives get fat -- I KNOW that sometimes I eat something after an upsetting encounter at home, I absolutely eat something with a feeling of "I deserve this!"

But right now I'm hiding out with my laptop and MSNBC! And a low-carb yogurt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't receive any information from MSNBC...mind poison. NBC is owned by General Electric one of the nations largest defense contractors... merchants of death and war.