Saturday, February 26, 2005

Sunny Saturday

Feeling better about the cat. Two reasons: Jordie called and talked to Michelle, mom of adopting cat family. She told him stories about how the little boys were playing with the cat, how one son was thrilled because cat slept in his bed, etc. Also, told my anxieties to buddy Janice at work, whose mate is a vet, and who is a real animal-lover, and who I respect a lot...and she said "Get over it. Do you know how many cats are killed at the shelter every month?" So at that moment I felt I could move on emotionally from it. The cat needed to be out of here, and now she is in a home where they wanted her and will take care of her.

This morning I woke early, took Sadie for a walk, and decided to get over to the Y. But, I was starving,, so had coffee and a scone at the Encore Cafe first. While sitting there, a very familiar song by Glenn Miller came on and tears came to my eyes, thinking of Daddy dancing with Mom in our living room, many years ago.

Walked and walked around the outdoor track at the Y, felt great.

On the way home, drove around a neighborhood also done by Wininger/Stolberg to see what kind of fences there are, how the houses looked.

I'm really thinking a lot about Jordie and I possibily moving into town in the next few years, and this new development is the place that makes sense to me. www.renwickbloomington.com is the website.

It's "new urbanism" and I really like the sound of it.

Goals a move like that would accomplish:

--- Facilitate getting to the Y, walking to work, taking bus to work, taking bike to work, instead of having to drive everyplace
--- Possibly doing with one car shared between Jordie and me
--- Neighborhood with porches
--- Smaller, but better-designed house possible
--- Treed lots, closeness to movies, grocery store, etc.
--- Very close to several friends' houses, facilitate even more walking with friends

Problems:

--- Jordie not by woods for hikes
--- Would not want Abby to switch high schools (though good possibility she could stay at North)
--- School designation for Renwick development has not yet been determined

No comments: